Saturday, February 17, 2007

Columbus Valentine Tournament

I decided to go ahead and play in the tournament today instead of just watching. It was a good experience, even tough I went 1/2-4 (I think that's the way that you put that you got one half point out of a possible 4). I got the 1/2 point by taking a bye in the last round. It was a 4:20 start time for the round, and the day started at 8:30 in the morning. By the end of the third round I was exhausted, and my play really suffered. In fact I came home, ate some pizza and went to bed. I tried to get some good sleep last night, but being so used to being up all night for work, it was an off and on type sleep.

I played in the reserve section (under 1500) with 4 other guys, all rated in the 1200's. I figured that I didn't stand much of a chance, so loosing all the games I played was not as depressing as it could have been. I was also able to get the number one seed in the section to go over our game, which was very informative. This was also the game where I made the most obvious blunders! Now I understand why they say that chess players have to be in good physical shape.

I am going to input my games into ChessDB and get a PGN file of them so I can post them on my past games list so all of you can take a look, but I'm still a bit tired and I have to be awake to babysit in the morning, so that will have to wait. So until next time.....

L8R

Raths

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great! It sounds like you had a good time even though you lost a few games. That is really what it is all about anyway. Getting together with other chess enthusiasts, playing a few games, and learning a few things.

Good luck and I hope to hear more about future OTB games and tournaments!

Regards,
Amante