Friday, January 26, 2007

Chess order is on the way!


My future grandmasters!

What a long night at work! After being sick with the flu for a couple of days, its hard to get back into the swing of things. And I found out that we are working 6 hours on Sunday! Oh well, the check will be worth it.
Got my email confirming that my latest chess purchase is on the way. I can't decide if I'm more excited about getting some good books or the Fritz 10. And if the excitement is for the Fritz, is it the program itself or the code for the one year subscription to the PlayChess site. I know that I'm looking forward to getting into the Fritz teaching mode. I think this will help me out a lot.
Speaking of learning, the Mrs is picking up The Complete Idiots Guide to Chess from the library as I type. It is very well recommended as a first book and getting it from the library should tide me over till my order arrives.
PlayChess has gotten a bit tougher, as I have lost 3 or 4 games in a row now, but I think that was due to the fact that I was "under the weather". And it has brought my rating down to the more realistic 1100 range, which is probably still inflated, but where I like to think that I am. I'm also sporting an 1161 on GameKnot, my best in a while.
L8R
Raths

No comments: