Sunday, January 28, 2007

Very Cool Morning

I logged into my PlayChess.com account because I heard that one of the matches at the Corus tournament was going on and I wanted to take a look. And who should log in but Nigel Short, a grandmaster that I have actually heard of! I was very pleased to read his comments and watch the game, even though he said that the Radjabov, T - Topalov match was a decided draw even before it started.

Of course I have no opinion on this, as I am a new comer to all of this GM stuff, and this is the first GM game that I have had the pleasure of watching live with commentary. I did enjoy the lively discussion, although I did not take part. I think I'm intimidated by the high rankings that I see on the server.

On another note, the Idiots Guide to Chess, is a good book so far. I have made it through the first three chapters in the first section and there were no surprises. This gives me confidence that I have a good understanding of the rules and the way that the pieces move, including en passant, which is a relatively new discovery for me.

L8R
Raths

No comments: